Monday, January 18, 2010

That Little Song In Our Heads....

I was chatting with Annie Jones (no not the Annie Jones that owns all those great horses, but the Annie Jones that is from Iowa and is a working student here at Point Above Farm) and Bonnie the other day and we hit a dilemma. Let me start by saying I love music and often times have my favorite songs that I listen to non stop during certain times in my life. I have to admit I did have a slight "pop-star" addiction around Rolex....but that is just our little secret. This year Bonnie and I wanted to have a barn theme song. So we contacted all our major contributors to the farm. Those people would be, in no specific order: each other, our farrier Doug Neilson, out vets, Dr. Keith Brady and Jeff Beshear, the people I talk to on the phone all day long and we came up with a list of 5 songs. They are:

"The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers (Doug did not like this one....I love it!)

"Under Pressure" by Queen

"Dirty Laundry" by Don Henley

"Don't Stop Believin" by Journey

"Lunatic Fringe" by Red Rider

We are not sure which one to pick...so we might just pick them all. We are up for suggestions so if you have any better ideas, here's to hopin' you do, let me know.

On a more productive note:
This just in...all the horses are clipped and the massive trots have begun. Vaunted got his hair clipped off on Sunday and he hated every minute of it. It sounds silly but that horse is in no a way a light weight. He could totally play in those old westerns when they go shot for shot in a "drink off". Bring on the whiskey! He usually sends me into the wall once or twice even with a little cocktail to help out....what-a-guy. He and Murry are going to be partners in crime when it comes to the trots and gallops. Of course those get real boring so Annie and I have taken to taking pictures while doing all this, don't tell Bonnie! :)
Dr. Brady and Doug came out this week and we got Vaunted's plan for the next couple of months down and we are heading into this year in full force. I have made somewhat of a vow to myself this year to just focus on the big picture. The big picture to me is looking at situations from the perspective of my future. Not just what ribbon I am taking home. I am going to listen to what Vaughn is telling me and go from there. Until next time. Please note the great photography...sarcasm.
Dr. Brady's Web Site:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers